PLEASE NOTE: I've moved! Feel free to continue following me via my new blog Embrace Serendipity.

**All tutorials & the majority of the posts from this blog have been moved over to my new blog**



Apr 12, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

I recently discovered Core'dinations & thier wonderful products. Thier cardstock is unique in the sense that they all have a core color which 'core'dinates' with the surface color--it isn't white like typical cardstock. With this in mind--the possibilities of this cardstock are many! You can sand it, emboss it, tear it, ink it, wrinkle it etc. In addition some of thier cardstock is already embossed--so you just sand away for an instant design.

Here I am highlighting three projects where I've used thier products.

The first one titled 'Frankie' uses the Core'dinations Grid cardstock from the Core Essentials collection. I used it both as the circular background & for the large flower embellishment. For the circle, I distressed the edge, inked it in dark brown ink & then sanded down the embossed grid design.


For the flower, I ran it through a Big Shot to die cut the flower petals & layered the petals together with a red brad. I then slightly bent the petals upwards for a bit more dimension.


My second project is a card I made with the Core'dinations Small Dot cardstock from the Whitewash collection. I inked the edges of the entire card & then sanded down the embossed dotted cardstock to reveal the light brown core color underneath.

A closeup of the embellies decorating the card. I also stamped on the Core'dinations cardstock with a flourish stamp. I used a Martha Stewart punch-around-the-page punch (Cherish) & punched along the top edge of the card--I then hand sewed along the design made by the punch.

Behind all those embellies is a corrugated cardboard that has been inked & misted with bronze Shimmerz.


Finally, this is a layout I made titled 'Brothers'. It's my husband with his two older brothers. On this page I used the Core'dinations Core Impressions from the Graphic 45 Timeless Collection. It was perfect in representing the passage of time & it's impact on the three brothers.

Hope you enjoyed these three projects & check out the Core'dinations site for more products. Thanks to all who stop by.

Till my next post...

7 comments:

ms.schwiet said...

Love what you did with the brick. I've been admiring that for a while and would love to see you break that down in a tutorial...simple splendid pages

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Beautiful work, Kay!!! GREAT IDEA to use Core'dinations in your flower making! LOVELY WORK.....BTW, I've thoroughly enjoyed your music while here.

Chrissy said...

GORGEOUS! I am just LOVING what you did with this cs! I am going to have to try this stuff out now! ;)

Lydia said...

Absolutely beautiful, love all the grunge and masculine elements

Kimberly Kett said...

Stunning LO's!! Thanks for sharing :)

María Castillo said...

Tus trabajos siempre son una obra de arte Kay, técinas super geper y mucho talento!! Un gran abrazo!!

Marilyn said...

Hermoso Kay!!! Me encanto el efecto de ladrillos y los goznes! Todos tus trabajos bellos!!! Un abrazo!!