PLEASE NOTE: I've moved! Feel free to continue following me via my new blog Embrace Serendipity.

**All tutorials & the majority of the posts from this blog have been moved over to my new blog**



Dec 15, 2011

Love Cake Layout


Good morning fellow scrappers & bloggers! It's time for another sketch over at Sketchabilities!

This is me & my husband on our wedding day. These photos were taken during the cake cutting. Our DJ referred to the cake as our 'love cake'. As I was scrapping this I remembered that specific comment & therefore his comment became the title for this page.

Here's the fabulous sketch by Karan this page is based on. I enjoyed working with circles instead of the usual squares or rectangles--I love it when sketches take me away from what I'm 'comfy' with. It makes me take my creativity one notch higher.

A close up of one of the flourish chippies. These are made by Dusty Attic. The chippies were painted with a deep burnt orange acrylic paint. Once dry I inked them with embossing ink & heat embossed them with Star Dust transparent embossing powder by Stampendous. In person, they give off a very shimmery effect.

The resin window is by Prima. Here you can also see a bit of the hand stitching I did going around the circle. This particular stitching I saw over on Irene Tan's blog--better known as Scrapperlicious. She refers to it as the long stitch technique. In order to get that zig zag pattern the stitches are all done in a very long angle. Next time I do this stitch I'll do a brief tutorial on it for those who are interested.

Here's me & my hubby cutting the cake & posing for the camera at the same time. :-) The colorful circle behind us is by Pink Paislee (Mistables). I inked it with a few distress inks (Stormy Weather, Mustard Seed & Wild Honey) then spritzed it once with Suede glimmer mist.

A close up of the second smaller photo. Both frames for my photos is also by Pink Paislee.

Thanks to all of you who stop by for a visit--it's always very much appreciated!

Don't forget to stop by the Sketchabilities blog & check out the other talented DT's take on this sketch & do play along if you can!

3 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

Such beautiful work Kay...love the colors!

KellyCreates said...

Gorgeous wedding page...especially cuz you are the beautiful bride!! Love how you framed the photos!

Sheila said...

Love the page---I love dusty attic too! You made all the elements work together soooo well!