PLEASE NOTE: I've moved! Feel free to continue following me via my new blog Embrace Serendipity.

**All tutorials & the majority of the posts from this blog have been moved over to my new blog**



Oct 26, 2010

Doe Eyes Layout


Hello once again fellow scrappers & bloggers! Today's layout is actually the result of a challenge between myself & my scrap buddy Natasha. This is Natasha's very sweet daughter posing ever so lovely on her first day of school a few years back.

I don't have little girls in my life. Therefore, I never have the opportunity to scrap 'girly' layouts. Most of my layouts are centered around my husband & my little furbaby Toby--so the majority of my layouts tend to lean more towards the masculine side. Natasha has both a little girl, boy & husband to scrap about but, she doesn't have any furbabies in her life. Therefore we swapped 'children' & gave one another a topic to scrap that we never or rarely have the opportunity to do. She has scrapped my version of a child which is Toby & I've had the pleasure to let my feminine side let lose with her little girl! Here's the result...

I titled this layout 'Doe Eyes'. When I first saw this picture it was this little girl's pretty brown eyes looking up at me that first caught my attention. The words 'doe eyes' instantly popped into my head & my layout was at once titled.



Here's a close up of the beaded flower vine. These are new in my Etsy shop. The beaded flowers are made by me & then attached to a vine with some mulberry roses & leaves. These vines can be gently shaped in anyway & add instant decor to any page.

In the upcoming weeks I'll slowly be rolling out more beaded flower vines in a variety of colors as well as other beaded embellishments. So keep an eye out!


I traced a Crafters Workshop template (Mini Gathered Flowers 6x6) with a white gel pen all along both sides. I then inked the centers of each flower with white acrylic paint & a small sponge. The main pink paper was adhered with dimensional foam. This left a small space between the bottom teal cardstock & the pink paper. In this space I adhered white lace along the border to make the sides stand out more.

The borders of the pink paper was made by stamping one large Prima swirl stamp twice (Build a Swirl). I then cut along the swirls to form my own unique shaped paper.


Here's a closeup of the title. I stamped on the title with a script stamp, inked the edges with Tea Dye distress ink & then glazed each letter to give it more dimension.

I also spritzed some Plum Pudding Shimmerz twice on this layout. This photo shows one of the spritzes.


A closeup of the bird & the stitched circle. The bird is an embellishment from my Etsy shop. The idea for the stitched circle came from Irene Tan. Better known as Scrapperlicious. She used this type of stitching on a few of her layouts. She calls it 'Net Stitching'. The stitching was probably what took me the longest on this layout! But it was worth the effort...


Finally, here's a closeup of one of the three butterflies on this layout. These little guys are also from my Etsy shop. They are sold in sets of three & the bright colors went along just right with my layout.

I placed a small wooden white fence along each side of the beaded flower vine--and you can't have a girl layout without some bling! So there's some behind the vine & along the top border of the photo.

I had so much fun making this layout. It was just so nice to be able to use all of these feminine embellies & colors! I have so many & never have the chance to use them! Thank you Natasha for the opportunity! Make sure you stop by her blog to see my little Toby at his best!

Till my next post...

5 comments:

Natasha said...

OMG Kay! This is so gorgeous!! I have this big cheese smile on my face! LOL The suspense was killing me! There is soooo much technique on this page! I love it all... the hand-made background paper, the gorgeous stitching, the beautiful beaded vines (that I am going to have to buy), the bird and butterflies.... everything is PERFECT! And the majority of it is made by you... incredible! GIrl, you are so crafty and talented! Thanks for a beautiful layout. Now i know what to put in that frame we got!
xoxo

Cindy Gay said...

I love those glazed letters! The swirls on the side of the lo are very nice too!

Marilyn said...

Hola Kay!!! Te quedo HERMOSA!!!!! la pagina, muchos lindos detalles y la costura espectacular ya habia visto el tutorial y me imagino el trabajo pero vale la pena. Trate de hacer una orden anoche y tuve problemas dejame saber donde te puedo escribir...
CariƱos,
Marilyn

caroline hancock said...

OMG thisis absolutly gourgous, i LOVE it, the colours are amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Recien vi esta hermosa pagina en SB.com y quise venir a apreciar todo esos hermosos detalles que has puesto en la pagina! Wow Kay!! has hecho de todo! hermosisimo!! no le falta nada!! la foto de la nenita de NAtasha es preciosa!!
Precioso trabajo , te felicito!! se ve que le has dedicado mucho carino , precioso!!