PLEASE NOTE: I've moved! Feel free to continue following me via my new blog Embrace Serendipity.

**All tutorials & the majority of the posts from this blog have been moved over to my new blog**



Dec 10, 2012

Christmas 2011 (MCS GDT)

Good evening once again fellow scrappers!  Am back to share my final layout made with the My Creative Scrapbook (MCS) December Main Kit.  I greatly enjoyed guest designing for them this month & enjoyed this kit even more!

For this page, I scrapped a couple of candid Christmas photos from last year that were taken during our annual Christmas card photo shoot.  When you try to take photos with a pet--believe me--you end up with several 'candid' shots!
This is the MCS Main Kit that I worked with.  Everything you see on my page except for the dark brown jute came with the kit.

MCS offers it's customers 4 different kits each month!  Talk about versatility.  They have the Main Kit, Limited Edition Kit, Creative Kit & Album Kit.  So there's something for everyone.

I once again broke out my Xmas Red, Lime Green & Star Dust Stickles and added visual interest to my page by accentuating most of my sticker embellishments & background with dots of Stickles.
The 'Christmas' is a sticker that I first adhered to a transparency & then cut out.  This way I was able to place it on top of my large cream Prima flower.  TIP:  Try adhering sticker embellishments to transparencies/acrylic & then cut them out.  This way you have the flexibility of placing them anywhere on your page.
The buttons were chipboard stickers that came with the kit.  All I did was tie a bit of red & white twine through the button holes & then adhered them to my page.

Thanks for stopping by!  Do take the time to visit the MCS blog & check out the other talented DT's take on this month's kits.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

1 comment:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a gorgeous page with so many amazing details. Love the bold colors!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/