PLEASE NOTE: I've moved! Feel free to continue following me via my new blog Embrace Serendipity.

**All tutorials & the majority of the posts from this blog have been moved over to my new blog**



Dec 4, 2012

Send It Clear Christmas Card

Good morning fellow scrappers! Today I bring you an acrylic card by Clear Scraps.  I finally found the opportunity to play with one of their Send It Clear cards & I have to say that I really enjoyed the versatility these transparent cards provide.

As the base of my card, I used the Deco Send It Clear Card. To add visual interest to the cover of my card I added a variety of elements such as Stickles, tinsel ribbon, acrylic beads, flowers, a doily, paper etc.
The paper doily you see peeking out from behind the large green fabric flower is actually adhered to the inside of the card.  This is where you would write your sentiment.  However, since this is an acrylic card--it peeks through and gives the impression of being tucked behind the large flower.  That's the beauty of acrylic!
This lovely large green fabric flower I bought from an Etsy shop called Funtoolas.  This little shop carries several lovely fabric & silk flowers in addition to coordinated scrapbook kits & other smaller embellishments.
The poinsettia, beaded flower and small white fabric floral spray are from my stash.  The mulberry paper white flat flower is by Manor House Creations.

You can see in this screen shot that I highlighted the edges of the cover with dots of Stickles.  On the right side I used Xmas Red Stickles & on the left side I used Silver Stickles.
I tucked a brad underneath the green & white flowers.  The clear flower gem cabochon I bought from yet another Etsy shop called Oh What Fun.  I found this little shop to be fun indeed with tons of cabochons to pick & choose from!
TIP: I highlighted the border in the inside of my card with a bit of Diamond Dust.  This gives the border a bit of a snow/tinseled look.  I followed the same steps as seen in my Snowy Tinseled Frame Tutorial.  Except here--there was only one simple step.  Just adhere your double sided tape along the edges--peel off the liner & then apply your Diamond Dust & you're done!
Here's the card with only the left side open--can't get enough of those transparent effects!
Here's the card with the right side open only.
Finally, here's the card fully opened.

I hope this inspired some of you to play with acrylic cards--they really do make for very unique & innovative cards.

Have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Absolutely STUNNING!

Unknown said...

Captivating the way you embellish it inspires me a lot...
Transparent business cards